Thursday, January 26, 2012

Elite Culture

- Definition of "elite culture": A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status. The best or most skilled members of a group.
- My definition of "elite culture": When I think of elite culture, I think of high class, and high society. The best of the best. I think of someone who graduated from Harvard, or who is the CEO of a company, or lives in the Hampton's. They have a lot of money, a lot of intelligence, or a lot of status. I can't help but think of snobbiness when I think of elite culture, as if these people believe they're better than the mass culture. Obviously this isn't all true, but the first word that still comes to mind for me is snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment