Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christians protect Muslims during prayer in Cairo, Egypt.

This picture was the most powerful to me for many reasons. First, it's very visually appealing. The lights in the background, all of the colors, and the sea of people are all very beautiful and intriguing. Second, the small yet powerful detail of the men holding hands at the foreground of the shot, gives an overall loving and peaceful feeling to the picture. However, what I found to be the most powerful about this image, was the caption that comes along with it. "Christians protect Muslims during prayer in Cairo, Egypt." How often are you going to hear that? It was a beautiful statement to me. It's almost surreal, to see two groups of people with different religious views acting compassionately towards each other, for just a moment. If that's not powerful, then I'm not sure what is. This image to me, represents a step in the right direction for peace in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment